Future Market Insights (FMI) has are projected the chia seed market size to total US$ 194.1 Mn in 2021. Demand for chia seeds is expected to grow at 6.80% CAGR, boosting the overall consumption to 80.576.9 Million Tons over the assessment period, from 2021 to 2031.
Chia seeds is among highly exported commodities within the food sector since, its production is limited to a few countries. Growing applications of chia seeds in personal care products and cosmetics are expected to augment the chia seeds market growth. This trend will continue, largely driven by shifting consumer preference for organic and natural ingredients in skincare products.
The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic had a negative impact on sales of chia seeds. The production of chia seeds is limited to a few geographies and the lockdown restrictions affected trade and import, dampening demand in the market over 2020.
Request a report sample to obtain authentic analysis and comprehensive market insights at- https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-4439
As per FMI, sales of chia seeds represented 0.15% of the US$ 1.29 Mn worth superfood market in 2020. Soaring demand for chia seeds as superfood will give tailwinds to growth in the market in the coming years.
In terms of volume, North America will remain the most-lucrative region in the global chia seed market. Sales of chia seeds in this region are expected to reach nearly 50,000 MT by 2027-end. Sales of chia seed in North America and Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ) are expected to exhibit parallel expansion at 6.1% CAGR through 2027, in terms of volume. In addition Western Europe will continue to be the second-largest market for chia seeds during the forecast period, with sales pegged to surpass 10,000 MT by 2017-end.
Revenue from the whole segment in the global chia seed market is expected to increase at a relatively high CAGR of 7.2%. The oil segment is expected to account for a revenue share of about 18% by 2027 end. Revenue from the grounded segment in the global chia seed market is expected to increase at a relatively moderate CAGR of 6.5% in terms of value.
Increasing Demand for Organic Food to Drive Growth of Chia Seed Market in North America
Demand for organic food has been witnessing a substantial surge in North America over the past few years. In this region, chia seeds are highly marketed as organic, claiming high nutrient value and labelled as non-GMO. Hectic, fast-paced lifestyle of people, coupled with eating patterns are shifting consumer preferences towards healthy snack options. Chia seed snacks including breakfast bars offer various health benefits, and can be consumed on-the-go. These factors are expected to drive growth of chia seed market in North America.
Discover more about report analysis with figures and data tables, along with the table of contents. Ask an Analyst- https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-4439
Key Findings of FMI’s Report are as Follows
- In terms of volume, organic chia seeds will remain sought-after in the global market, with sales estimated to expand at 5.8% CAGR through 2027. Sales of organic chia seeds will surpass 50,000 MT in 2017. In contrast, sales of conventional chia seeds will register a sluggish expansion throughout the forecast period.
- Although black chia seed will remain preferred in the market, sales of white chia seed will exhibit fastest expansion through 2027. Sales of black chia seeds are expected to exceed 40,000 MT in 2017. Demand for brown chia seeds will remain sluggish in the market.
- By form, whole chia seeds are expected to retain their dominance in the global chia seed market, with sales pegged to surpass 60,000 MT by 2027-end. In addition, sales of grounded chia seeds will register 5.2% CAGR through 2027.
- Food & Beverages sector will remain the largest end-users of chia seeds in the market. Demand for chia seeds by this sector is expected to reach 76,074.3 MT by 2027-end.
Key market players identified in FMI’s report include Sesajal SA De CV, Bioglan (PHARM-A-CARE Laboratories Pty. Ltd.), Nutiva Inc., Navitas Naturals, Spectrum Naturals (Hain Celestial Group), Benexia (Functional Products Trading S A.), Chia Bia Slovakia, s.r.o., The Chia Co., Vega Produce LLC., CHOSEN FOODS INC, Mamma Chia, Now Health Group, Inc., Naturkost Übelhör GmbH & Co. KG, AgroBolivia (Negocios Europa Ltd.)
Contact Sales for Further Assistance in Purchasing this Report- https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/checkout/4439
The global chia seed market is segmented into the following categories
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
By End-Use Application
- Food and Beverages
- Packed Chia
- Nutritional Bars
- Bakery and Snacks
- Breakfast Cereals
- Personal Care Products and Cosmetics
- Animal Feed and Pet Food
- Nutritional and Dietary Supplements