As per ESOMAR-certified consulting firm Future Market Insights (FMI), the global companion animal specialty drugs market registered steady year-on-year (YoY) growth at 5.42% CAGR in 2021.
Increasing pet adoption is a major factor, fuelling the demand for animal nutrition and behavioural products, thereby accelerating sales. With increasing rate of obesity among the pet, demand for anti-obesity drugs have burgeoned over the past few years.
Adoption of canine and feline pets increased during the FQ-20, due to the outbreak of COVID-19 and consequent global shutdown. Adoption of dogs is quite high, especially among the geriatric population. This is expected to drive the demand for antibiotics, skin-care, and nutritional products for pets.
As per FMI, the market is expected to reach a valuation of US$ 36,104.66 Mn in 2021 owing to the increasing demand for anti-obesity drugs across veterinary clinics. Alongside this, prevalence of canine vector-borne diseases due to bacteria and protozoa infection will fuel the demand for parasiticides in the next decade.
Key Takeaways from FMI’s Companion Animal Specialty Drugs Market Study
- By product type, parasiticides will dominate the market, accounting for over 32%of global market share.
- In terms of distribution channel, veterinary clinics are expected to lead the segment contributing over 52%of value share by 2031
- In terms of technology type, drying technology is predicted to exceed US$ 89 Bnby end 2031
- The U.S. will emerge as the leading market across North America backed by the high adoption of pet dogs
- Germany and the U.K. are anticipated to lead the Europe’s Companion animal specialty drugs market, owing to the growing obesity rate in dogs
- Increasing cases of neglect and animal cruelty in India will bolster the demand for companion animal specialty drugs through 2021
Request For Report Sample @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-3984
“The demand for compounded medications and anti-obesity drugs for animals will continue increasing in the coming years. This has encouraged some of the leading companies to focus on research initiatives to launch novel drugs to facilitate improved care for companion animals. This will create impressive growth opportunities in the coming years,” says the FMI analyst.
Zoetis Inc., Merck and Co., Inc., Bayer AG, Eli Lily and Co. and Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH are the key players operating in the companion animal specialty drugs market. among others are some prominent players operating in the Companion animal specialty drugs market.
For instance, in July 2020, Boehringer Ingelheim announced the launch of two new products, NexGard and Broadline, to provide comprehensive parasite treatment for dogs and cats, to expand their product portfolio for the India market.
As per the report, key players are focusing on product introduction and launches to expand their product portfolios. Key player are also involved extensively in strategic acquisition activities which has led to severe competition among companion animal specialty drugs market players.
For example, on August 4,2021, Zoetis, the Parsippany-based animal health company announced the acquisition of a leading Australian-based Jurox’s veterinary medicines, maker of livestock and companion animal medicines.
What else is in the report?
Future market insights offers a unique perspective and actionable insights on companion animal specialty drugs market in its latest study, presenting historical demand assessment from 2016 – 2020 and projections from 2021-2031 based on product type (antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, parasiticides, heartworm, behavioral products, nutritional products, anti-obesity drugs, skin care products and vaccines), distribution channel (veterinary hospitals, veterinary clinics and pharmacies and drug stores) in seven key regions (North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Western Europe, Japan and Middle East & Africa)
Speak to Analyst, Questions Related To Report @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-3984
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- What is the current companion animal specialty drugs market value?
The companion animal specialty drugs market is expected to exceed US$36,104.66 Mn in 2021
- At what rate did the companion animal specialty drugs market grow between 2016 and 2020?
The companion animal specialty drugs market projected steady growth, registering a CAGR at 5.43% between 2016 and 2020.
- What are the key trends driving companion animal specialty drugs distribution?
Growing demand for compounded medications and increasing adoption of anti-obesity drugs to reduce the growing obesity rate among pets will drive the sales.
- Who are the leading players of companion animal specialty drugs?
Zoetis Inc., Merck and Co., Inc., Bayer AG, Eli Lily and Co. (Elanco), Merial (Sanofi), Ceva Santé Animale, Virbac Animal Health, and Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, are the top players FMI identifies as key players.
- What will be the demand outlook for North America companion animal specialty drugs market?
North America’s companion animal specialty drugs market demand is set to rise at over 3.38% CAGR during the forecast period of 2021 and 2031.