The Food Aroma Market is experiencing robust growth, driven by increasing consumer demand for unique and sensory-rich culinary experiences. With advancements in food technology and expanding global foodservice sectors, the market is poised for further expansion. Key factors include evolving consumer preferences, rising disposable incomes, and a growing focus on natural flavors.
According to FMI’s estimate, the global market for food aroma is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period. By the end of 2033, the industry’s size is projected to rise from US$ 842.14 million in 2023 to US$ 1,595.72 million.
Continue to be competitive! To find out more about the unrealized potential of the market, get our most recent sample report :
The market for food aromas is predicted to grow significantly as a result of increased R&D investments. It is projected that ongoing innovation, driven by the rapidly growing need for diversity in foods and beverages, will have a favourable effect on the industry.
The market’s new trend can be characterised as the rise in demand for organic and sustainable food aromas. In addition, the sector for food aromas is expanding due to rising demand for unique foods and culinary experiences.
Strong demand for convenience foods, which has engulfed developing countries as well, has sprung forth the consequent demand for food aroma. The fast-paced lifestyle of people residing in urban areas and changing consumer preferences are underpinning the demand for ready-to-eat meals.
Since food aroma products help enhance the aroma and flavor of food, they are gaining immense popularity. Additionally, the availability of innumerable food processing units across the globe is expected to be favorable for the market in the coming years.
Going forward, established companies and new entrants alike are moving toward sustainable natural aromas to cater to the increasing demand from the food industry. For instance, EvodiaBio, a startup, developed its proprietary aroma profile for non-alcoholic beers. The end product tastes as good as its boozy counterpart.
Top Highlights from the FMI’s Analysis of the Food Aroma Market:
- Beverages segment is expected to garner a large market share, with respect to revenue generation. The growing popularity of distinct aromas in the F&B industry is pushing the demand for food aromas in the beverages sector.
- In 2022, the synthetic segment generated a revenue of more than US$ 530 million. The prime factor propelling the growth of this segment includes its less processing time of synthetic aroma substances.
- On the basis of product, terpene grabbed a market value of US$ 390 million in 2022. The growing demand for terpene can be ascribed to its flexibility and abounding health benefits.
- Europe region is estimated to register a CAGR of 6% during 2023–2022 for the market in focus. The booming dairy industry is predicted to create many growth opportunities for the food aroma industry.
Market Update: Food Aroma Industry Sees Significant Acquisitions and Collaborations
- Taiyo International collaborated with ITO EN, which is a distributor of flavorful, authentic, and abundantly nutritious tea, in August 2021. Both companies came together to distribute high-grade matches to multiple industries, including beverage, food, and supplement in North America region.
- Symrise procured Giraffe Foods Inc., a foremost producer of custom taste solutions for several food industries, in July 2021. With this acquisition, the former company is expanding its flavor and nutrition category in North America.
- Kerry Group commenced operations at its production unit in India in June 2019. This facility is an investment meant for extending its taste and nutrition profiles
Concentrate your insights by using specific data! You can save up to 30% on expenses by selecting the nations or areas that have the greatest effects on your business. :
Competitive Dashboard: Top Strategies Adopted by Leading Players:
Top players in the food aroma market are BASF, Hindustan Mint and Agro Products, Solvay, and Takasgo International Corporation. Several main companies are increasingly focusing on strategies to expand their consumer base across the globe. Take for example, in February 2021, a BASF subsidiary situated out of the Netherlands by the name of Isobionics started a distillation unit to produce new fragrances and flavors at Brightlands Chemelot Campus in the Netherlands. The novel distillation factory is expected to facilitate the company to expand its business whilst catering to its customers’ needs.
Companies are also concentrating their efforts on the development of natural and organic ingredients in light of the soaring consumer base for healthy and sustainable products. Additionally, investments are increasing in research and development activities to develop innovative and distinct food aroma products to satiate changing demand and preferences of consumers.
Top players partner with retailers and food manufacturers to develop and advertise new products. Apart from this, collaborations also help with expanding the customer base and enhancing market share. Another strategy commonly employed by key players includes mergers and acquisitions. The companies are merging and acquiring other companies to expand their access to new products, markets, and technologies, in order to expand their market share.
Food Aroma Market by Category
By Type, the Food Aroma Industry is Segmented as:
By Product, the Food Aroma Industry is Categorized as:
- Benzenoids as Food Aroma
- Benzyl Acetate
- Benzoic Acid
- Terpene as Food Aroma
- Musk Chemicals as Food Aroma
- Musk Ambrette
- Musk Ketone
By Application, the Food Aroma Market is Segregated as:
- Other Applications
Take command of the future of your business! To purchase and obtain access to several growth components for a prosperous future, click this link :
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights, Inc. (ESOMAR certified, recipient of the Stevie Award, and a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) offers profound insights into the driving factors that are boosting demand in the market. FMI stands as the leading global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, consulting, and events for the Packaging, Food and Beverage, Consumer Technology, Healthcare, Industrial, and Chemicals markets. With a vast team of over 5000 analysts worldwide, FMI provides global, regional, and local expertise on diverse domains and industry trends across more than 110 countries.
Nandini Singh Sawlani
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs | YouTube